As pupils progress from S1 to S3 they follow a Broad General Education that gives them a wide variety of learning experiences. As they move from S2 into S3 pupils they then start to get an opportunity to personalise part of their curriculum and make 3 choices of what they would like to study. The main emphasis of the S3 curriculum is still on a broad range of learning experiences and pupils will continue to be taught:
- Language: English and Literacy
- Mathematics and Numeracy
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
- Religious, Moral and Philosophical Education
- Personal and Social Education
- Additional Learning Support tutorial time may be possible. This will be considered on an individual basis according to their need.
To allow them to start to personalise their curriculum they will get to choose from:
- French (Languages) – Note: The continued study of a foreign language is strongly encouraged.
- Mandarin (Languages)
- Practical Craft (Technologies)
- Computer Games Design (Technologies)
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) (Technologies)
- Music (Expressive Arts)
- Physical Education (some aspects of Expressive Arts)
- Art & Design (Expressive Arts)
Today, S2 pupils were taken through this process and have access to the information book and options form below. Please feel free to discuss this with your child, as they have been asked to speak to parents and agree the choices that they are going to make. If you have any questions about the process or the options available please contact your Guidance teacher.
Link to Information booklet S3 Information Booklet
Link to Options Form S2-3 option form 21