We have now made the decision to change the dates of the ski trip, given the ongoing uncertainties regarding travel and school trips over the winter period. Skibound have agreed to transfer the payments that we have made so far, to the new trip.
The trip has been moved forward by one year. This means that the new dates for the trip will be;
There are two advantages to this change of date. The first being that we would hope that travel restrictions due to Covid 19 will have had time to settle, and secondly, this gives parents much longer to make the payments for the trip.
The new booking is for the same resort and hotel in Serre Chevalier, France.
As previously arranged, this will be a joint trip with Kingussie High School and the trip includes six days of downhill skiing/boarding, four hours of instruction from ESF instructors each day; lift pass and hire of equipment (£50 supplement for Board hire); full board; all flights and transfers from the Airport (tbc); après ski activities, for example ice skating, quiz nights, disco and ceilidh.
Unfortunately, due to price increases around travel, we have had to agree to an increase in the price of the trip for 2023. There will be an additional cost of £100 per pupil for the trip. The new total price for the trip will therefore be £1’100.
(There is an additional cost of approx. £13 Air Passenger Duty for pupils over 16 years, and an additional adult lift pass supplement of approx. £140 for pupils over 18 years)
Most parents have already made a number of payments towards this trip. For each pupil, we will calculate the remaining balance for the trip, and liaise with yourselves as to how you wish to pay the remainder.
We hope that most pupils will be able to join us on the trip in 2023. However, we are aware that many families have had changes to their financial circumstances, and this might mean that your child may not be able to attend this trip. We aim to be as flexible as possible in the arrangements for collecting payments for this trip to suit each family’s situation. If any pupils no longer wish to be part of this trip, or are unable to attend, we will aim to refund parents if and when we have been able to fill their space. We will be asking all school pupils, including the new S1 if they would like to join the trip.
Please can you also provide a contact email address and telephone number. This will allow us to email all correspondence, as well as send letters home. When we have final numbers, we shall ask for an initial deposit of £200, by Friday October 8th, but please don’t send this yet.
Please note that once the deposits are paid to the travel company, they unfortunately cannot be refunded if you change your mind about the trip.
Places on the trip will be confirmed as soon as possible after the deadline and are subject to the signing of pupil/parent agreements and behaviour contracts.