Mrs Rachel Knight, Principal Teacher
Mr Mark Abenheimer, Principal Teacher
Mental Health Booklets
Attached are some booklets that come from the Mental Health Foundation that pupils and parents may find useful:
Sexual Health and Relationship Education
Below is a link to the resources that Grantown Grammar uses to teach about Sexual Health
CHIP+ Parents Resource Pack – 2019
If you are a parent or carer of a young person who has an additional support need then CHIP+ have produced a parents resource pack which contains some vital information and contacts. This may aid you in supporting your child.
Finding a job
Useful website to help students find employment opportunities in the Highlands
Jobs in the Highlands
My World of Work is Scotland’s careers information and advice web service.
At school and right through to retirement, ‘My World of Work’ helps you with up-to-date information, advice and tools when you need it most:
- Subject choices – understand your strengths and make better choices about your subject choices and future career
- Leaving school – find a career that interests you and understand the skills you need to get the job you want
- Exam results – straight into a job or onto further learning? Whatever your grades find help in planning your next steps
- Preparing for a job – discover Scotland’s industries, search for jobs, build your CV and practice for interviews
- Modern Apprenticeships – why not earn as you learn? Find out what apprenticeships are available in Scotland and how they work
Get the help you need for the career you want.
My World of Work is delivered by Skills Development Scotland, the national skills body which supports the people and businesses of Scotland.
This is an online resource containing what’s out there for young people leaving school in the Highlands.
See the Noticeboard for:
« +16 Opportunities
« Volunteering and Work Experience for young people aged 16-30 throughout Highland
« Calendar of events
Inverness College has provided us with information about the BKSB (Basic and Key Skill Builder) assessment tool that is used as part of the application process to assess the levels of skill in English and Maths in students.
There is a link on the hi-hope website to a YouTube clip and a free trial of BKSB to help support less-confident pupils prepare for the College interview process. Click here for link.