The Parent Council is a great way to support the school, share your views and help improve all aspects of the school for your child/ren. Feel free to get in touch with them to see how you can get involved. email@example.com
Welcome to Grantown Grammar School Parent Forum From Grantown Grammar School Parent Council!
Our Background – As a parent or carer you are automatically part of the Parent Forum and the Parent Council is a registered charity with its objectives
• To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents and guardians.
• To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all parents and guardians.
• To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
• To identify and represent the views of parents and guardians on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
Parent Council members(trustees) are appointed annually at each AGM (usually in November) although you are always welcome to attend meetings and request to be co-opted. We meet at least quarterly with the Headteacher to work towards these objectives.
Our Intentions – Together we want to:
• build our connection to the school and support a positive experience for students and the teaching body;
• improve facilities;
• be a mediator and advocate for parents;
• improve and support extra-curricular opportunities;
• get involved in local community initiatives;
• access funds to create new opportunities for the school and the students ;
• support and fund school events for the students;
• and many more positive and proactive activities.
We are always listening and here to help and drive action.
Remember, as a parent you are not alone. Parent Council is here to support you!
You can find us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/GGSParents/
Via the School direct at email@example.com or 01479 872649 and it’s website
Or in person!- Each of our members are very approachable for a quick chat and support when needed. A list of members will be posted after the first meeting.
News and Activities will be posted with a quarterly newsletter.
And a copy of the minutes of our last meeting.
Next meeting is being held virtually on 7th September 2021. Please contact us as above if you wish to join us as a member of the Parent Forum to see what we are all about!!.
Below is GGS Parent Council Archive Information.