Grantown Grammar has a marvelous canteen staff who provide a wide range of nutritious meals, snacks and drinks. The menus offer a choice of freshly cooked, nutritionally balanced meals and include favourites such as macaroni cheese, fish and chips, chicken korma and healthy home baking.
Seasonal meals are offered, where over 75 per cent of the menu is freshly prepared with ingredients that are GM free, with no undesirable E numbers or hydrogenated fats.
Secondary School meals are priced at £2.55 per day.
If your child needs a special diet for school meals, please read Highland Council’s Special Diet Process for Parents, Special Diet Privacy Notice and Special Diet Guidance. Then complete and return to the school the Special Diet Request Form.
The canteen operates a cashless system which you operate with your own unique pin number. This is issued to you by the office and if you forget it, they can remind you.
You can load money directly onto your account in the canteen or make payments online. Please bear in mind that you will need your child’s Scottish candidate number, also available from the office and the online method can take a couple of days to credit the account.
You may be eligible to receive free school meals, if your household is in receipt of any one of the following:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610).
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and an income below £6,900 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- If you are 16 to 18 yrs old and receive any of these benefits in your own right then you can claim for yourself
- If you are an asylum seeker receiving support
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
If you think your household is eligible and has not already received your free school meal vouchers or school clothing grant please use the online application available above. Alternatively, the council’s Welfare Support Team can be contacted at email@example.com for advice and assistance in making an application.