Letters emailed to Parents and Guardians today regarding the SQA Appeals process for 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not receiving emails from the school.
Congratulations go to Katie Bissett, Harriet McAuly-Brand and Natalie Masson as today they were selected by a group of indpendant judges as the winners of this years YPI final. The group chose to represent the Badenoch & Strathspey Community Transport Company and highlight the vital work that they do in supporting the local community. For winning the girls have secured a cheque for £3000 which will be donated to their chosen charity.
The final was very close with each group showing a very good understanding of the charities and their work.
Letter emailed to parents and guardians today from Headteacher, Claire McGonigal.
Congratulations we are now halfway through our transition week.
Remember that if you are taking a COVID Lateral Flow Test that you should do you second one this evening. You must wait 30 minutes after eating or drinking before doing it.
See you tomorrow for sports day 🏃🏼♀️💨🥇🥈🥉
The Grandview Nursing Home in Grantown-on-Spey are looking for a school leaver aged 17+ who has an interest in a career in care to join them in delivering care to their residents.
Responsibilities would initially be general care of residents, supporting residents in some daily tasks, housekeeping, etc.
If you are interested please contact the manager Tom Corrance on 873289.
For the start of the day on Tuesday all P7 pupils should report to the assembly hall. There you will meet your senior buddy and then go to your period 1 class.
Hope you are all excited for tomorrow. Just a quick reminder of things you need to do tonight/tomorrow morning.
1. Charge your chromebook .
2. Pack a pencil case.
3. Take money for lunch or packed lunch.
4. Come in primary school uniform.
5. Complete your COVID lateral flow test (if you have decided to do one).
6. Go to the school assembly hall first thing tomorrow morning.
See you soon. GGS 🙂
Hope that everyone is looking forward to the new timetable on Monday. Below is a copy of where everyone should report to at the start of the day:
P7/New S1: assembly hall
S2-4: tutor class
S5/6: Craig McLean hall
See you on Monday. 🙂
I hope that you are all looking forward to coming to the grammar school on Monday. All the staff at school are looking forward to seeing you.
Just a wee bit of information for you:
- On Monday when you come into school you should aim to be in the school assembly hall for around 8.45-8.50. Here you will be met by Mrs McGonigal who will give you a welcome to the school and explain a bit about life at GGS.
- You will be assigned your houses and you will meet your tutor teachers and accompany them to their classrooms. Once there you will receive your timetables and meet your buddies.
- You will check to make sure your chrome books can connect to the school network.
- You will then get an opportunity to have a look around the school and put money on your school canteen account.
- Once finished you will return to the school assembly hall to then get ready to go off to your period 2 classes.
- Make sure to bring with you the usual school equipment; school bag, pencil case and Chromebook, if you have one from primary school. If you do not have one from primary school we will provide you with one. MAKE SURE TO BRING THEM CHARGED.
- You should come dressed in your usual school uniform as this will help us identify who is who.
Look forward to seeing you on Monday.