The school, with the full support of the Parent Council, requires that all pupils conform to our uniform and the support of parents is needed in order to ensure that pupils maintain a high standard of dress at all times. Parents have the most influence when it comes to school dress. The uniform at its most basic is black and white and should be achievable by all. It should be noted that uniform concerns will be recorded and repeated concerns will now result in sanctions which will include letters home and limiting pupil access to privileges e.g. attending school events such as discos and the Prom or representing the school in extra-curricular activities.
All pupils should wear black trousers/jeans, skirts or tailored shorts and dark shoes or trainers.
GGS polo shirt or T-Shirt and GGS hoodie, sweatshirt or jumper. Pupils in S1-3 also have the option to wear a shirt and tie, should they wish. Also permitted is a plain black or white T-shirt, plain black jumper or cardigan.
White or black shirt and GGS tie with GGS hoodie, sweatshirt, plain black jumper or cardigan. Ties are on sale from the office for the new price of £6.
The following are not acceptable for normal school wear:
- Any colour other than black or white except in PE
- Any logo other than the school crest
- Blue denim shirts, jackets or jeans
- Clothing which does not adequately cover the body or undergarments
- Fashionable accessories such as scarves or headbands
- Leggings (Updated 19/09/19)
In general, any items of dress or clothing likely to cause offence or which is considered to be a health and safety issue, will be deemed unacceptable.
Grantown Grammar School uniform is available to purchase from:
Kylintra Mill, Grantown-on-Spey Tel: 01479 873613
Academy Street, Inverness Tel: 01463 717182
Tel: 01463 222022
Pupils will be asked to remove any items of jewellery considered to cause a health and safety risk. In addition, in some subjects, e.g. PE, pupils will be required to remove all items of jewellery.
Physical Education Clothing
All pupils are required to change clothes and wear appropriate shoes for P.E. lessons, whatever their level of participation. Acceptable kit for P.E. is as follows:
- Shorts and/or tracksuit bottoms/leggings
- T-shirt/sweatshirt/tracksuit top
- Training shoes/gym shoes
please note; indoor P.E. shoes must be clean and non-marking.
- Football boots for outdoor games (optional)
- One-piece swimsuit and towel for swimming lessons
The PE department have arranged a favourable deal on Grantown Grammar School sportswear through Klas Clothing, should you wish to be part of “the team”. You can order direct from them by using this link to their online ordering page ~ GGS Sportswear Order
Please note that aerosol sprays must not be used in school as this can cause serious health problems for some pupils.
Assistance with school clothing can be claimed from Highland Council, if you are receiving any one of the following:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit (where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610).
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit and an income below £6,420 (as assessed by the HMRC)
- If you are 16 to 18 yrs old and receive any of these benefits in your own right then you can claim for yourself
- If you are an asylum seeker receiving support
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
Go to the Highland Council Website for more details and to apply.